Friday, March 30, 2012

Garden Herb & Vegetable Scramble

Pin It
 I'm not a big recipe poster. I find recipes other people create. However the Vegetable Scramble is by far my favorite thing for breakfast. It's full of good proteins, yummy veggies, and whole grains. My hubby loves it too which is a plus! I can usually make it only on the weekends-so it's a great treat.

I never measure, I like the creativity in cooking without measuring. I do eventually want to measure it out so I can get the correct nutritional information though; maybe this weekend. I measured it this weekend so the information is added below!


Garden Herb & Vegetable Egg Scramble (serves 2-3)

1TB Coconut Oil
Handful of spinach (about 2 cups), Organic
3 Whole Eggs-Organic, Free Range
3 Egg Whites-I actually use the liquid egg whites from WalMart. I hate wasting an egg yolk.
1 tomato-I like Roma Tomatoes
1/4 c Feta Cheese
1/4 c cilantro (chopped if you'd like)
1/4 c parsley
1/2 c mushrooms (not pictured)
Salt/Pepper
2 slices 100% Whole Wheat Bread, toasted

This is as easy as it sounds, I feel silly writing instructions.
Heat Coconut Oil in pan. Toss in spinach and wilt along with mushrooms.
Add whole eggs and some egg whites to get the amount you'd like.
Once those are done toss in chopped tomatoes, feta, parsley and cilantro just until incorporated and slightly heated.
Spread some coconut oil on the toast if desired.

Now a few notes. I'd usually throw mushrooms in as well if I had them. Any veggies you like would be great!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please be respectful.